Monday, March 2, 2009

All better now

I had a major melt down over the weekend about the tile going in the house, but I am all better today. First of all, we have had nothing but trouble getting the tile from W&W Supply. They told us it would be here and it never showed, didn't order some of the tile, and then ordered two different colors of one of the tiles. We have been trying for three weeks to finish a job that should have taken 1 week. Then as the sweet guys hung the tile over the weekend- I thought it looked horrible. I really thought I was going to throw up. I went back today, and it looks good. I can live with it- and may even like it. I got suckered into tile in the show room, My advice is: plain is good, especially if you have a great looking bathroom.
Secondly, the dropped ceiling was to be delivered Friday and Keith start putting it in on Sunday. The BMW guy told me that the delivery was rained out! I laugh out loud at that. Now Keith is not showing until tomorrow.
Then I begged the electrician to come today and get the power set up for the elevator dude. They showed up at 1:30. They got to work, then got a call from someone that had an issue. Keith ran out of the door to go fix some problem while I stood there with my mouth hanging open.
I am not sure if these kinds of things would happen if we had a builder that demanded some work be done. Said builder showed up this afternoon for about 15 minutes- I don't know why, but I guess he put in his full day.
I need to keep reminding myself that all will be done in a month or so, and it will be so worth all this headache.

No comments: